This article will show you:
1. How to designate that an item should always be shipped separately from other items.
You need this because:
1. You want to always ship an item separate from other items in the order due to it's large size or packaging requirements.
If an item is marked for separate shipping the real time shipping calculator will always calculate the shipping price separately for that item.
6 spatulas, .5 pound each
2 mixers, 10 pounds (ship separately)
The shipping calculation would include:
1 package at 3 pounds (6 spatula's) and 2 packages at 10 pounds each (2 mixer's)
The total shipping price would be the sum of the shipping price for each of the 3 packages.
1. Login to the administrator panel and select "Inventory-->Items-->View/Edit".
2. Click on the "Edit" link for the item to Ship Separately.
3. Under the "Shipping" heading find the field labelled "Ship Separately" and check the box.
**If you do not see the Ship Separate label under the Shipping heading enable it by using the "Settings" link at the top right corner of the page.
For further assistance on this topic see Show and hide fields for editing
4. Select the "Save this Item" button
**Separate shipping only applies to real time shipping using the new shipping system. Merchants using legacy shipping must upgrade to the new shipping system to use this feature.