This article will show you:
1. How to change the location that the continue shopping button directs the user to.
You need this because:
1. You want to have the user always go to a specific url after they hit the continue shopping button.
By default the continue shopping button will direct the shopper back to the last item that they viewed before selecting the add to cart button. This behavior can be changed to always direct to a particular page/url by following the directions below:
1. Login to the administrator panel and select "General-->Cart Settings".
2. In the "Continue Shopping" field choose the "Go to SPECIFIC URL" option
3. A text field labelled "URL" will appear when this option is chosen. Enter the full path of the URL to direct to the user to, ie http://www.storename.com/file.htm vs just file.htm
4. Select the "Save Changes" button