1. How to configure an email account in Outlook, Outlook Express or other email clients such as mobile devices etc.
You need this because:
1. You want to receive/send email using Outlook or a mobile device instead of using the web client.
The information below will specifically cover the popular email client Outlook 2007. Most email clients are very similar and the same settings etc can be used but the setup steps may be in a different order.
1. Open the Email program, ie Outlook
2. Find the option to add a new account, in Outlook it can be found under "Tools-->Account Settings"
3. Select the "New" button
4. If asked to choose your email service select "Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP"
5. In Outlook at the bottom of the page there is a check box to manually configure the settings, select it and then select the "Next" button.
6. In Outlook a new window will popup asking for the type of service, choose "Internet Email" and then select the "Next" button.
7. Enter the information in the fields as required below:
- Your Name = The name to show as the sent from name
- Email Address = The email address to connect to
- Account Type = POP3 or IMAP. POP3 is recommended for beginning users, IMAP is a more advanced connection type.
- Incoming Mail Server = mail.storesecured.com
- Outgoing Mail Server = mail.storesecured.com
- Username = your email address, ie email@example.com
- Password = the password that you defined when creating the email address (not necessarily the same as your store admin password)
8. Un check the box labelled "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication"
9. Select the "More Settings" button
10. Choose the "Outgoing Server" tab
11. Check the box labelled "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and choose the radio button "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
12. Select the "Ok" button, the popup window should close
13. Select the "Next" button. A Congratulations message should be displayed.
14. Select the "Send/Receive" button to check your email.
For further assistance with any issues connecting to email see Problems sending and/or receiving email