This article will show you:
1. How to define the weight of an item.
You need this because:
1. You want to define the weight of items for calculating shipping based on weight.
1. Log in to the administrator panel and select "Inventory --> Items --> View/Edit"
2. Click on the "Edit" link for the item to modify.
3. Scroll down to the "Shipping" heading
4. Find the field labelled "Shipping Weight" and enter the item weight. Decimal numbers may be used to indicate partial pounds, ie 1.5.
**If you do not see the "Shipping Weight" field make sure it is enabled.
For further assistance on this topic see Show and hide fields for editing
5. Select the "Save this item" button