This article will show you:
1. How to configure your the DNS nameservers for a custom domain name.
You need this because:
1. You want to use a custom domain name with the store.
1. Log in to your account at the company where you originally registered the domain name. If you have not yet registered the domain name do this first, some of the more popular registrars are GoDaddy and Network Solutions.
2. Once you log in find the domain name and then there should be an option labelled modify nameservers or update nameservers.
Click on that option and in the nameserver box enter
GoDaddy nameserver instructions (as of 10/9/2013)
1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. Next to Domains, click Launch.
3. Select the domain name(s) you want to modify.
4. From the Nameservers menu, select Set Nameservers.
5. Under Setup type, select Custom.
6. Select Add Nameservers.
7. Enter the two nameservers your hosting provider gave you.
If you can't figure out how to do this please contact your domain name registrar directly or view their online help. Each registrars process is slightly different and we are unable to provide specific help for each individual registrar.
Once your domain nameservers are updated your domain name should point at your store within approximately 24-48 hours.