1. How to add a form to collect user information.
You need this because:
1. You want to create a custom form to capture information from the user, for example a catalog request, information request, etc.
1. Login to the administrator panel and select "Design-->Forms-->Add".
2. Enter a "Subject" for the form. The subject will be used as the subject of the email sent when the form is submitted.
3. In the drop down select the "Page" that the form will be added to.
4. In the field labelled "To Email" enter the email address of the person who should receive the submitted forms.
5. Select the "Save form" button to add the form.
6. After the form is saved a list of all existing forms is shown. The form now exists but it contains no questions. Select the "List" link next to the form just created.
7. Select the "Add Form Field" button to start adding the information to collect.
8. Enter the new fields information as below:
- Name = name of the field,. i.e if you were collecting someones name you could enter, What is your name? or just the word Name.
- Type = type of field to use for collecting this information. A text field is a single line field for data entry. Text area is a multi line field for data entry. A combo box is a drop down list with predefined options for the customer to choose from and a check box is a box that can be selected or not for yes and no values.
- Field Required = whether or not a value must be entered in the field for the shopper to continue
- View Order = the order that this field is displayed on the form. Lower numbers are shown first.
- Apply Validation = check if the field needs to be validated for a particular data type, ie email, number, date and then choose the type of validation
9. Select the "Save Form Field" button to save the field
10. Repeat steps 7-9 to add as many fields as necessary.
Advanced users, can create custom html forms instead of using the form builder.
Post form to: form_email.asp
Form fields with special meaning:
- Subject: Subject of email
- Send_To: Email to send form to
- Success_Message: Text to display to shopper on successful submit.