This article will show you:
1. How to customize the content on the store home page.
2. How to use a custom html file for the home page.
You need this because:
1. You want to write custom content for the home page.
2. You want to use a custom html file in place of the existing home page.
To modify the text/content on the existing home page
1. Log in to the administrator panel and select "Design --> Pages --> View/Edit"
2. Select the "Edit" link for the Home page.
3. Enter your content in the 2 large text boxes labelled "Page Content Top" and "Page Content Bottom".
4. Select the "Save this page" button.
To use a custom html file in place of the existing store home page
1. Upload your html file to the stores website_root directory.
2. Log in to the administrator panel and select "General-->Other Settings".
3. Find the heading labelled "Homepage URL" and select the radio button labelled "Go to specific url".
4. A field will appear just below the radio button labelled "URL", enter the URL of the new home page in the field. The URL would be like http://www.storename.com/homepageurl.html, where storename.com is your domain name and homepageurl.html is the name of the file that was uploaded. The file can be named whatever you would like, common names for a home page are index.html, default.html etc
5. Select the "Save Changes" button