This article will show you:
1. How to set a maximum weight per box when using real time shipping.
You need this because:
1. You need to accurately calculate real time shipping on large orders where the weight of all items in an order exceeds the maximum weight that a shipping carrier will accept.
1. Log in to the administrator panel and select "Shipping-->Settings".
2. In the field labelled "Max Weight Per Box" enter the maximum box weight.
3. Select the "Save changes" button
For example: maximum box weight is set to 70 pounds and total order weight is 90 pounds. 2 packages would be quoted one at 70 pounds and the other at the remaining 20 pounds.